Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Blotanical Realm

Dry Creek Bed in Wine Country
Rusted artifact photographed at Alcatraz Gardens
And so begins a series on the realm of Blotanical.com - A web site created by Stuart Robinson of Western Australia. A virtual place where countless garden bloggers make connections with like-minded friends. A sphere where social interaction is based upon a love of gardening, landscape design, and the wonders of the natural world.
And so I present....
A blog about the gardens of Toronto - real gardens by real people
by Helen Battersby and Sarah Battersby.
The May 5th feature has me pondering the topic: Texture
... thus, the photos chosen to illustrate this post.
I admire the aesthetic sensibility of these blogging sisters,
their artistic proclivities, and intelligent approach to life.
While we are connected via social media, I hope one day to count them as friends in real life.
Hats off to you both, mes amies, my fair Canadian cohorts!

6 comments:

  1. Holy smoke, thanks for the tribute, Alice. We're very honoured, and also very much anticipating our eventual face-to-face. Cheers, ma belle... which I suppose is a characteristically Canadian way to return the salute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice:
    A wonderful choice, as Sarah and Helen are two of my favourite compatriots here in Canada. I love their unique writing style, and their topics are always thought inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice- happy spring! Anxious to catch up with all I have been missing. Sarah and Helen's garden looks like a magical place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the introduction, it's a bit like an Amazon link saying 'If you like me.., you'll like them..' best way to browse and I'm now going to have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice, What a lovely idea to feature Blotanical folks. This is a great way for me to learn about sites I have not previously visited. Great first choice. Pam

    ReplyDelete