Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pretty and Petite: Pacific Coast Hybrid Iris




UNDER CONSTRUCTION....





Photo © Alice Joyce
Barely growing 12 inches high, these Pacific Coast Hybrid Iris
are one of the early beauties to herald Spring in Alice's Garden.
It's likely nearly a decade since I planted a tiny specimen, and finally this pretty hybrid Iris is creating an eye-catching display, forming a lovely, large clump. Another task to add the the gardener's to-do list: Lift and divide once the bloom is past.

5 comments:

  1. I will see if I can find some of these to add to my garden; the colors are subtle and the form is almost orchid-like. Terra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terra
    They're a choice selection. Hope you can locate them for your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice, a decade in getting substantial results, now that is what I call pushing the boundaries. Gorgeous Iris though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, these are beautiful. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete