Monday, August 22, 2011

Zuzu Napa: Foodie Adventure

Local Farms, ranches & the area's organic purveyors provide many ingredients for
the foodie fare at... Zuzu.

Trekking through Napa/Sonoma Wine Country calls for sustenance.
On one of my latest forays, Zuzu called. The atmosphere of the downtown Napa wine bar is enhanced by a menu of delicious Tapas dishes and Paella. I chose Empanadas crafted with Mary's Free-range Chicken & roasted chili Mirepoix. [Photos © Alice Joyce]


& Queso Frito: Pan-fried Manchego cheese with roasted poblano chiles & delish Guajillo Sauce.
Exposed wood beams, colonial tiles for the flooring, and a recycled pine wood bar bring warmth to the interior design.
Zuzu: 829 Main Street, Napa (Photo: Zuzu)

A final stopover at Napa's Oxbow Public Market for a coffee and...oops,
no photos of Kara's divine Cupcakes!

3 comments:

  1. It has been many years since my husband and I have been to Napa Valley...such a lovely and interesting place. Your post made me yearn for another visit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not had lunch today and so can barely bear to look at these drool inducing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SB,
    I'm continually impressed by the beauty of Napa, not to mention the food and wine!

    CH
    Glad you've returned to the Blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete