Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Paradise in Mill Valley: Don Worth Garden

The Garden Conservancy 'Open Days' Program in June of 2012
featured a Marin County garden created by Don Worth.


This magical Mill Valley paradise created by artist/photographer Don Worth was one of the gardens opening to the public, allowing for a rare opportunity to visit a unique West Coast landscape.

 I wrote an in-depth feature on the garden at: 
 Alice's Garden Travel Buzz Drop by to see a photo portfolio of the garden and learn more about Worth's exceptional vision.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd love to check it out. One of these days. I can't wait to read/see your feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, to be able to "drop by", see those gardens, then end the day with sipping wine and wearing a sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see an artist's garden, what a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello
    For some reason I have not been able to post a comment on your blog until today.This looks like a lovely garden to visit.I would be very grateful if you could tell me the name of the blue plant.I have one in my garden, and it has been difficult to identify.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Breathtaking,
      Not sure why you've had problems leaving a comment.
      The blue-purple flowering plant is Echium!
      Here's a link with info:
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echium

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the info:)I love gardening, but there are so many conifers in my garden that the network of roots invade the flower beds and it's become quite a problem.The Echium however seems to do well even under these circumstances, and also withstands long periods of drought.

    I'm sure to learn a lot more from your gardening blog so as from today have become your latest follower, and will try to visit as often as I can.
    Warmest Regards.

    ReplyDelete