Friday, March 16, 2012

Garden Art: The Tempo in Tucson

My travels in Tucson yielded much to share when time permits. 
For now, I'll tempt readers with two exceptional streetside vignettes that I photographed just down the street from the centrally located Arizona Inn.

These artworks pointed to the generosity of local home owners. In sharing such creative artworks, they've  enhanced the surroundings for all who pass by. 
I certainly wouldn't have guessed that taking a short stroll in the neighborhood would prove so gratifying. Perhaps you'll agree, the colorful gateway and stunning wall treatment make walking in this area a visual treat.



10 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the iris gate. How nice to find these on your stroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra
      And there were all the photos that got away, too! Wished I'd had more time to capture beautiful plantings along with the art.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. NSARH
      Just need to find time to post at length. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. That iris gate is incredible...not that the wall and metalwork is not pretty nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David
      The gate has me conjuring up designs utilizing other flower themes!

      Delete
  4. The wall treatment is beautiful, but that gate is something else! A little bright for me personally (I'd probably go for the wall treatment if it was in my garden), but a fabulous statement piece nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CVF
      My personal taste, too, is more subdued and even eclectic. Probably non-representational,
      but it was certainly fun to come upon this giant flower!

      Delete
  5. How fun! I enjoy taking in the unique displays of each locale I visit, even if I wouldn't decorate my own garden that way. Thanks, Alice, for sharing all these unique views from your travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, PP
      Always fun to share the adventure and discovery of new places.

      Delete